Shadowclad® Ultra Groove
Shadowclad® Ultra Groove combines the look and versatility of traditional Natural Shadowclad products with the time and cost saving benefits of a pre-primed cladding. The primer formulation creates a more consistent and dependable undercoat that's perfect for immediate on-site top coating. The Shadowclad Ultra Groove product features a 9mm wide, 5mm deep profile every 150mm across the sheet.
The product is suitable as an exterior cladding and is available in two treatment options: H3.1 LOSP or H3.2 CCA.
The primed product has a high 60-80 microns film build, and can be up to 2 to 3 times thicker than traditional wet primers.
Features & Benefits
- Manufactured from sustainably-grown NZ plantation pine
- Range of sheet sizes, profiles and finishes for wide design flexibility
- Compliant with NZ Building Code requirements
- Vertical shiplap joints for easy and watertight installation
- Low formaldehyde emission (E0)
- FSC® certified (SCS-COC-001316) upon request
- Band-sawn sheet surface provides a compelling tactile finish
- Shadowclad exterior cladding system includes a wide range of purpose designed exterior flashings
- Shadowclad installation guidelines must be followed. Please refer to the current Shadowclad Specification and Installation Guide
Shadowclad is manufactured under a third-party-audited quality control programe and is certified by the Engineered Wood Products Association of Australasia (EWPAA) as compliant with AS/NZS2269 Plywood Structural.
For Specification and Installation Guides and further information select from Cavity Construction or Direct Fix by clicking the corresponding links below:
Technical Note relating to the pre-primed coating process used on Shadowclad Ultra plywood.
Think hard and check before substituting one building product for another. Get it wrong and you could be creating quality issues and have trouble getting a Code Compliance Certificate.
Product Technical Statement
See how other architects have leveraged the natural beauty of Shadowclad for high end residential and commercial institutions right the way through to the classic kiwi holiday home.
The information in this guide relates to Shadowclad plywood Cladding Installation for Cavity Construction.
The information in this guide relates to Shadowclad plywood Mixed Cladding Installation for Cavity Construction.
Specification and Installation Guide for NZ
Manufactured in New Zealand by Carter Holt Harvey Woodproducts, the Interiors portfolio is a range of untreated plywood panels suitable for internal use as wall and ceiling linings.